samedi 20 décembre 2014

What makes you a human being?

Hello lovely ghosts of Ashrare,

One of my dearest friends was driving me home and mentioned my blog. I figured I can sacrifice an hour of sleep and put something up.It brightens my day when people say that they enjoy reading my non-sense phrases.Anyhow, life is chaotic at the moment as I cannot multi-task efficiently these past few days weeks. From uni to different projects, I sometimes tend to do nothing at all than doing several things a day. This is why my days are so unproductive and that's the least I can say about it. Not proud of Nedra these days.



However,
Humans and what makes them tick... That's what pushed me to share with you people this lovely story. So last spring semester, I took a photography class. Our final project was quite open so I decided to go for something different, something that can be tangible, genuine, that can leave a remarkable impact on people, in a way that goes deep within your core and through your spine, giving you endless chills and goosebumps. Yes!
So I took my camera and my notebook, wandered around campus; randomly stopping people and asking them: " Do you mind if I ask you a question and take your picture?" and then I go" what makes you a human being? What makes you alive rather than just existent?".

And that's from where everything started...



Nathan: '' I believe god created us and I don’t think it’s a random 

chance. The act of being is actively pursuing glorifying God." 



Zakery: " Intent. Discovery."



Ghada:" Books." 



Hamza:" My family." 



Justin:" Glory, God and Gold. And the Virginia Company"



Lucas:" I am a human being because I have the ability and the

 instinctual desire to interact and create in order to achieve

 happiness" 



Sydney:" My love for natural human movement and form that I 

express through my love for dance" 



Fatma:" Becoming a wedding planner"



Meghan:" Emotions?"



Tyler:" Symbolic thinking, I feel, is so ingrained in our basic 

navigation of reality that if we could not make ourselves into this 

dualistic being that exists both within and without itself, then we 

would not know how to make even the most basic decisions or 

formulate the most fundamental ideas." 



Aaron:" Susceptibility to the emotion spectrum and its effects

 reminds one that there is more to merely existing. There is also 

that feeling of being alive. Electric." 



Sixtine:"Achieving happiness"



Mathieu:" The ability to love, care and to be happy"



Ariel:" Happiness"



Alana:" knowing that there are things worth living for, my family,

 friends, love, experiences--and that's what makes us human, we 

can move beyond only thinking about survival, we can think about 

actually living a life"



Austin:" I am a human being because of my choice to formulate my

 own destiny. The successes, the triumphs, the tribulations, and the 

everyday norm of my life is what makes me human. I believe I was 

born to lead many, but only to follow one" 



Corey:" Consciousness. But what makes me alive? I didn't get to choose…" 

No one did...

Have a good night folks!

Talk soon!
++ 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...